Corruption; sociology of law; critical legal theory; critical race theory; crimes of the powerful; transnational organized crime; power and social control; criminology of food; mapping the boundaries between criminalization and politicization; island studies
- Leon, Kenneth. 2019*. White-Collar Crime, Organizational Deviance, and Political Corruption: A Sociolegal Analysis of the Nightlife Economy. *Book prospectus provisionally accepted by an academic press.
- Leon, Kenneth. 2018. Minority-Owned Cannabis Businesses as a Social Justice Imperative. In J. Hill and N. Marion (eds.) More on Legalizing Marijuana: Ongoing Shifts in American Policies. Durham, NC: Carolina Academic Press. *Forthcoming.
- Leon, Kenneth and Ronald Weitzer. 2015. Marijuana Legalization: Comparing Recent Ballot Initiatives. In J. Hill and N. Marion (eds.) Legalizing a crime: Marijuana policies across America. Durham, NC: Carolina Academic Press.
- Leon, Kenneth and Ivy Ken. 2018. Legitimized Fraud and the State-Corporate Criminology of Food - A Spectrum-Based Theory. *Forthcoming in Crime, Law and Social Change. DOI: 10.1007/s10611-018-9787-6
- Gould, Jon and Kenneth Leon. 2017. A Culture that is Hard to Defend: Extralegal Factors in the Defense of Federal Death Penalty Cases. Journal of Criminal Law & Criminology 107(4): 643-686. (https://scholarlycommons.law.northwestern.edu/jclc/vol107/iss4/3/)
- Leon, Kenneth and Ivy Ken. 2017. Food Fraud and the Partnership for a ‘Healthier’ America: A Case Study in State-Corporate Crime. Critical Criminology 25: 393-410. DOI 10.1007/s10612-017-9363-x
- Leon, Kenneth and Daniel Martinez. 2016. To Study, to Party, or Both? Assessing Risk Factors for Non-Prescribed Stimulant Use Among Middle and High School Students. Journal of Psychoactive Drugs 49(1): 22-30. (http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/02791072.2016.1260187)
- Leon, Kenneth and Ronald Weitzer. 2014. “Legalizing Marijuana: Comparing Ballot Outcomes in Four States.” Journal of Qualitative Criminal Justice & Criminology 2(2): 193-218.